Selected Poetry of Govinda Krishna Chettur (1898-1936)
from Representative Poetry On-line
Prepared by members of the Department of English at the University of Toronto
from 1912 to the present and published by the University of Toronto Press from 1912 to 1967.
RPO Edited by Ian Lancashire
A UTEL (University of Toronto English Library) Edition
Published by the Web Development Group, Information Technology Services,
University of Toronto Libraries
© 2003, Ian Lancashire for the Department
of English, University of Toronto
Index to poems
You are the Rose of me,
In you have I lost myself utterly
- Lord of Unnumbered Hopes
- The Temple Tank
Notes on Life and Works
No biographical information is yet available.
- Chettur, Govinda Krishna. Sounds and Images. London: Erskine Macdonald, 1921.
- --. Gumataraya. Mangalore: Basel Mission Bookshop, 1932.
- --. The Temple Tank and Other Poems. Mangalore: Basel Mission Bookshop, 1932.
- --. The Triumph of Love. Mangalore: Basel Mission Bookshop, 1932.
- --. The Shadow of God. London: Longmans, 1934.
Given name: Govinda Krishna
Family name: Chettur
Birth date: 1898
Death date: 1936
First RPO edition: 2002