Selected Poetry of Philip Morin Freneau (1752-1832)
from Representative Poetry On-line
Prepared by members of the Department of English at the University of Toronto
from 1912 to the present and published by the University of Toronto Press from 1912 to 1967.
RPO Edited by Ian Lancashire
A UTEL (University of Toronto English Library) Edition
Published by the Web Development Group, Information Technology Services,
University of Toronto Libraries
© 2004, Ian Lancashire for the Department
of English, University of Toronto
Index to poems
- The Indian Burying Ground
- On Retirement
- To Mr. Blanchard, the Celebrated Aeronaut
- To Sir Toby,
Notes on Life and Works
- The Poems of Philip Freneau. Ed. L. Pattee. New York: Russell & Russell, 1963.
- The Final Poems of Philip Freneau (1827-1827). Delmar, NY: Scholars Facsimiles & Reprints, 1979.
- Poems Written Between the Years 1768 & 1794. Delmar, NY: Scholars Facsimiles & Reprints, 1976.
- A Collection of Poems on American Affairs and a Variety of Other Subjects Chiefly Moral and Political (1815). Delmar, NY: Scholars Facsimiles & Reprints, 1976.
- Poems Written During the American Revolutionary War. Delmar, NY: Scholars Facsimiles & Reprints, 1976.
- Poems. ed. H. H. Clark. New York: Hafner Pub. Co., 1960.
- The Last Poems of Philip Freneau. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press, 1945.
Given name: Philip Morin
Family name: Freneau
Birth date: 2 January 1752
Death date: 19 December 1832
wife: Eleanor Forman (from 1789)
Education: College of New Jersey (now Princeton): 1767
Cause of death: exposure (winter)