Selected Poetry of George Phillips Morris (1802-1864)
from Representative Poetry On-line
Prepared by members of the Department of English at the University of Toronto
from 1912 to the present and published by the University of Toronto Press from 1912 to 1967.
RPO Edited by Ian Lancashire
A UTEL (University of Toronto English Library) Edition
Published by the Web Development Group, Information Technology Services,
University of Toronto Libraries
© 2004, Ian Lancashire for the Department
of English, University of Toronto
Index to poems
- The Flag of Our Union
- My Mother's Bible
- Song of the Sewing-Machine
- Woodman, Spare that Tree!
Notes on Life and Works
- Poems. New York: Charles Scribner, 1860.
- The Deserted Bride and Other Poems. New York: Adlard & Saunders, 1838.
- The Whip-poor-will. 1843.
- The Songs and Ballads of George P. Morris. 1844.
- Poems by George P. Morris. 1853.
Given name: George Phillips
Family name: Morris
Birth date: 10 October 1802
Death date: 6 July 1864
wife: Mary Worthington Hopkins
First RPO edition: 2004