Selected Poetry of Ernest Howard Crosby (1856-1907)
from Representative Poetry On-line
Prepared by members of the Department of English at the University of Toronto
from 1912 to the present and published by the University of Toronto Press from 1912 to 1967.
RPO Edited by Ian Lancashire
A UTEL (University of Toronto English Library) Edition
Published by the Web Development Group, Information Technology Services,
University of Toronto Libraries
© 2004, Ian Lancashire for the Department
of English, University of Toronto
Index to poems
- How He Died
Notes on Life and Works
- Abbot, Leonard D. Ernest Howard Crosby: A Valuation and a Tribute. Westwood, Ma., 1907.
- Crosby, Ernest Howard. Broad-cast. New York: Funk and Wagnalls, 1905.
- --. Plain Talk in Psalm and Parable. Boston: Small, Maynard & Company, 1899. 3rd edn.: London: F.R. Henderson, 1901.
- --. Soul of the World and Other Verses. Privately Published, 1908.
- --. Swords and Plowshares. New York: Funk & Wagnalls, 1902. London: Grant Richards, 1903.
- --. War Echoes. Philadelphia: Innes & Sons, 1898.
- Whittaker, Robert. "Tolstoy's American Disciple: Letters to Ernest Howard Crosby, 1894-1906." TriQuarterly (Winter 1996/97): 210-50.
Given name: Ernest Howard
Family name: Crosby
Birth date: 4 November 1856
Death date: 3 January 1907
father: Howard Crosby
mother: Margaret Evertson Givan
wife: Fanny Kendall Schieffelin (from 1881)
daughter: Margaret Eleanor Schieffelin Crosby
daughter: Maunsell Schieffelin Crosby
Mohegan Lake School
New York University to 1876
Columbia University (law degree) to 1878
Lawyer: 1878 to 1889
Legislator: 1887 to 1889
Judge: 1889 to 1894
New York (Manhattan): 1856
Alexandria, Egypt: 1889 to 1894
First RPO edition: 2004