Selected Poetry of Ada Cambridge (1844-1926)
from Representative Poetry On-line
Prepared by members of the Department of English at the University of Toronto
from 1912 to the present and published by the University of Toronto Press from 1912 to 1967.
RPO Edited by Ian Lancashire
A UTEL (University of Toronto English Library) Edition
Published by the Web Development Group, Information Technology Services,
University of Toronto Libraries
© 2004, Ian Lancashire for the Department
of English, University of Toronto
Index to poems
- The Physical Conscience
- A Promise
- A Wife’s Protest
Notes on Life and Works
- Cambridge, Ada. Hymns on the Litany. Oxford: J.H. and J. Parker, 1865.
- --. Hymns on the Holy Communion. London: Houlston and Wright, 1866.
- --. The Manor House and Other Poems. London: Daldy, Isbister, 1875.
- --. Unspoken Thoughts. London: Kegan Paul, 1887.
- --. Thirty Years in Australia. London: Methuen, 1903.
- --. The Hand in the Dark and Other Poems. London: Heinemann, 1913.
Given name: Ada
Family name: Cambridge
Birth date: 21 November 1844
Death date: 19 July 1926
husband: George Frederick Cross
Wiggenhall, Norfolk, UK
Wangaratta, Australia: 1870 to 1872
Yackandandah, Australia: 1872 to 1874
Ballan, Australia: 1874 to 1877
Coleraine, Australia: 1877 to 1883
Bendigo, Australia: 1884 to 1885
Beechworth, Australia: 1885 to 1894
Williamstown, Australia: 1894 to 1909
First RPO edition: 2004